Fee and Free Services
Companies most notable for selling their services via the Internet. There are some free services here as well.
There is a brand new book out by Helen Burwell (a leader in the information brokering industry) titled Online Competitive Intelligence. This book is not just a list of URLS (although the list is there and it's great). This text covers methodology and gives the reader a well guided approach about where to begin when researching corporations. I strongly recommend this well organized and fairly priced item for your library.
- LEXIS-NEXIS is the world's largest provider of credible, in-depth information. From legal and government to business and high-tech, our products and services provide direct access to an enormous information universe.
- Dialog - The Dialog Corporation
- The Dialog Corporation is the world's largest online information company with databases 50 times the size of the WWW.
- Dow Jones & Company
- News and Industry resources
- Dun & Bradstreet
- D & B has the largest selection of information on private companies.
- Standard & Poor's
- An leader as a business information and rating service.
- Information America
- Document delivery service, public records online research
- Bankruptcy Clerk Database
- State and county listings of bankruptcy clerks throughout the US.
- G.A. Public Record Service
- Online criminal history checks. "G.A. Public Record Services is a licensed background investigation company providing vital information to businesses nationwide. We specialize in supplying the most accurate and timely criminal record information available."
- Northern Lights Government Engine
- he usgovsearch service is a one-stop resource of government and military web sites, NTIS title and abstract data, and the Northern Light Special Collection. Fee based
- Law Guru
- Federal, foreign, and state laws can be perused here.
- Find Law
- Another commercial site, which is great for historical research and legal questions. Don't forget to use large university law school websites.
- News Index
- A news-only search engine.
- Burrelle's Information Services
- Burrelle’s offers a comprehensive set of media monitoring services.
- CDB Infotek - The Public Records Information Company
- Public records search service with nation-wide access to criminal courts, corporate filings, address locators. Some are
immediately available, other records searches are done offline.
- Provides gateway service to many vendor databases. Hundreds of special interest forums.
- KnowX.com -- public records
- KnowX.com provides real-time access to billions of public records.
- Free People Searches
- One of those mega-lists that give great leads to state business and personal databases that are free and on the web.
- US Interlink
- Name, Address and Social Security traces, sold exclusively to licensed investigators and law enforcement officers. See their Databases link for a sample of reports they distribute.
- Corporate Investigative Services
- Designed by an investigative firm, that didn't miss a trick or a link on the 'net.
- Northern Light
- A unique and powerful search engine that will conduct value added searches through a periodical database consisting of over 5,400 full text sources.
- DataTimes - A World Of Information
- A UMI subsidiary, one of the largest International magazine and database vendors.
- Infomart Dialog Limited
- The Infomart Online databases provide full-text online access to Canadian newspapers, newswires and business periodicals, transcripts of Canadian news and current affairs television programs as well as detailed financial and directory information on over 10,000 Canadian
- Yahoo! Business and Economy:Companies
This site created and maintained by Virtual Librarian © 1999 - 2000 | updated 9/16/00